- Sunday, 32-year-old JB Holmes won the Wells Fargo at Quail Hollow for his 3rd PGA Tour win
- 3 years ago, Holmes underwent two brain surgeries for Chiari malformations (causes vertigo)
- He took 5 months off, returned, suffered some other minor injuries, then won yesterday for the first time since 2008
- Holmes keeps a skull fragment in a jar in his home
- In 2011, Holmes led the PGA Tour in driving distance with an average of 318.4 yards
I’ve been a JB fan since he went 2-0-1 as a captain’s pick in the 2008 Ryder Cup. That’s the only Ryder Cup we’ve won since 1999.
Awesome story. This guy is a classic bomber who just lets the big dog eat. His only two wins previous were at the Phoenix Open — the biggest party on Tour. Nothing but R-E-S-P-E-C-T. He also made his high school varsity golf team as a 3rd grader. True story. Beauty.